Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Ol' Vi-vi

My son was a pacifier baby, or as he called it “Vi-vi” - where that came from I have no idea. But he loved his and like many parents we had many back ups just in case. After some time the Vi-vi was no longer cute looking and not just used to calm him down, it was something he relied on and looked for. We decided that it was time to get rid of it when he was around 2-3yrs. old. My son understood when things were broken so we went with that, cutting the tips off each Vi-vi without his knowledge. When he went on his daily hunt to collect them, sometimes sucking on each one just for a little while before going to the next one, he looked at the first one with a very funny look. He then looked at me to say “Vi-vi broke”, I agreed and he threw it away, then on to the next. This continued until he realized they were all gone. In the days following he shed his tears and called out for them, but I reminded him they were broke. Like all other habits in a small child he soon forgot and moved along without the Vi-vi. This is not going to work on everyone, maybe no one but my son, but whatever you do remember they will not take it to college!
Photobucket

No comments: