Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas

Decorating for Christmas and being organized???
Yes, it is possible. I put up a lot and have been organized for years. The biggest reason how? A file in the computer, it may seem anal but it works for me. I currently have 22 totes plus trees, wreaths and more trees and I’m talking large Rubbermaid totes. But I know what is in each one and they are all numbered. Being stored away with many other totes for other holidays numbers didn’t stand out enough so I colored each one. All Christmas has a red / gold stripe and then the number, orange for Halloween and so on. While I pack I keep my file up on the screen and type what is going in each box. Why? Because with so much decorating I may need to find 1-2 items to complete a room. This keeps me much saner and doesn’t take as much time as you may think. I also write myself a note telling me what needs to be replaced, items to purchase or ideas for gifts.
Photobucket
My Aunt & Uncle's Village

No comments: