Friday, September 5, 2008

What's in a Name?

Naming your baby – luckily for both of my pregnancies once we picked a name it didn’t change and it wasn’t much of a disagreement between my husband and I. Although a few tears helped my case with my 2nd. Make sure the name you are considering sounds good with your last name. If you are a nickname person, which I am, think of what they may. Keep in mind ANY name can be made fun of…really, but do not pick one that will encourage mean nicknames. Mine was rhymed with many things: Cher the pear, doll with long hair, dare, where and so on. My last name was often messed up badly but I liked having a unique name. Not one of my teachers even pronounced it right at the start of the school year. I was use to it, but don’t make it so hard that no one can say it. Just because your mom or your husband mom choose to name her children after others in the family doesn’t mean you have to. It’s you kid.
Photobucket
Cher the doll with long hair

No comments: