Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Softball Mom

Softball Mom –
I think your child becomes a true ball player when she/he starts asking you to buy them sunflower seeds. I guess it’s a ball thing.

Photobucket
My daughter did the kindergarten t-ball thing, usually all kids attempt that at least. I can remember basically dragging her to the game I knew nothing about. Her dad wanted her to play and shortly after signing her up he started having lots of overtime so he missed many of the games. I have to admit I found them boring but was supportive. Fast forward to 4th grade and the interest came back, well maybe I should say “highly encouraged by her dad”. She started with “Fall Ball” which is more laid back then the spring – it was a good introduction for her. In the spring season she got a great team which ended being undefeated. That's when we really started seeing her love for the game. It was also a turning point for Adam’s involvement. The following (fall) season he decided to take on the role of assistant coach and that is when the game changed for our family.
For a few years now our weekends are usually planned around games. When fall season was going I missed many games because I felt that I needed to be other places. Between the 2 seasons I realized that the other things can wait because my children are getting older as I write this and one day they will have other things to do that doesn’t include me being a spectator on the sidelines. So it’s off to games and luckily my son has boys his age to play with while there.

No comments: