Monday, June 16, 2008

Newer - Universal Studios

I recently went on another trip to Universal Studios; we started the day at Islands of Adventure and around 3 headed to US. It was a very hot day and I knew US had more indoor rides, by then we were ready to be indoors. The park goes in a big loop like most of the Florida parks and each section has a name themed for that area. We went straight for one of my favorites: Shrek 4D

Production Central
Shrek 4-D – they take large groups so we didn’t wait long. The line is shaded and large fans are blowing everyone so it was fine for us. Of course you are given glasses and the seats move but just a bit. When they open the doors to let everyone in, don’t go running, wait a little so when you file in your row you will be towards the center. What is really nice is that they have all the original voices for the show.
Jimmy Neutron – well if you read my other blog you know I do not like this ride…still don’t!

We bypassed a lot in the next few sections.
Photobucket

Taken 6/08

World Expo
Men In Black – first let me say before we could ride this I had to put my bag in one of the “free” lockers located to the right of the line. To use the free locker you have to wait in line, go through some steps to get you number and then get back in line. Well I love MIB and think it’s a great ride. They have some things to get your interest while in line so it goes by fast. You “zap” aliens through the streets of NY in a car that holds, I think, 6 people. After the ride we went to retrieve our belongings and soon found out that would take a lot longer than expected. I waited back in line to get my locker open, and it didn’t open, neither did some others. A woman dressed in MIB clothing came to help but was unsuccessful, she put a call into someone else and told us to wait. We did, and waited, and waited. I went back to find her and she called again. Finally the “locker guru’s” came and they had a hard time getting them open. In the end I spent more time with the stupid free locker than on the MIB line and ride. I was told I should complain…but that was another line!
The Simpsons – this is new and I hate to say I didn’t go on it. At this point we were tired of simulators but it looked fun. Hopefully someone that went on it will comment J
Photobucket
Taken 6/08

Woody Woodpeckers Kidzone
Woody’s Nuthouse Coaster – this is a fun little rollercoaster for kids, parents can ride along.
Curious George – have the kids take off their shoes because they will get wet here. It’s a great stop to relax and let the kids run wild. When you hear a loud alarm sounding beware – water is coming, and in buckets! I let me son run around in here while I scrolled through my pictures. After he changed into dry clothes and was good to go!
E.T. – As soon as you go in you give your name and then are given a card that is collected. This is for E.T. to say goodbye to each person at the end. While in line you are in what looks like a dark forest when en elder E.T. asks you to help. You ride on a bike that holds 2 rows of people, try to sit in the front because E.T. is supposed to be in the basket. Cute ride, even for little ones.

Hollywood
Terminator – anyone that liked the movies would like this, it is a little loud but has action and cool effects. I wouldn’t take a small child in here.

US doesn’t take me a full day unless I was visiting around a holiday, so to get the pass for both parks is best and just a little more money. They each offer a meal deal; for around $20 you get a wrist band that allows you to get meals in certain areas – this doesn’t include drinks and kids are cheaper. You can also purchase the band for both parks for a little more.

No comments: