Monday, June 16, 2008

Your Expecting...and everyone is happy!

Photobucket
Once you tell people that your pregnant get ready for all the advice, tips, recommendations and stories you can handle. Hopefully people keep their negative crap to themselves. I worked with many women so I was overwhelmed with all the things I should and shouldn’t do. They had me scared with my 1st pregnancy – don’t raise you arms, do not paint the room a certain color, don’t eat this, don’t eat that…and on and on. So my advice is to be strong and say how you feel, to everyone! It’s important for the new parents to do things they want to, not the way everyone else wants them to. You will regret giving in and you cannot change events that already take place.
For me it was important that aside from medical staff for just my husband and me to be there for the delivery of both of our children. We had many local family members that also wanted to be there, but we stood our ground and in the end they understood.
Since I gave birth to the first granddaughter you can imagine everyone wanted to dress her. She was born in January so by the time holidays rolled around I was given many dresses for the upcoming events. I too wanted to pick out her “firsts”, but then I had to be concerned about who I would hurt by not choosing their gift. To solve that I just went with my choices and used the others to fill in for: photos, Christmas Eve, to see Santa, then everyone was happy.
So discuss theses things between the 2 of you and stick together in your decisions.

No comments: