Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Elementary

Elementary days – every kids accumulates art work, awards, great papers and other things that take up room as they get older. I would try to weed something out but always felt guilty. Because I scrapbook I thought of a great way to look back on all of these things, I just lay them out and take a picture. I use the photos on a page in my scrapbook and feel a whole lot less guilty when throwing things away. Of course I still keep some in a big folder….just because.
When both of my kids started school I did the same thing: introduce them to kids in their class at open house. I felt a little strange and was usually the only one but at least they started Kindergarten knowing some faces / names. A few years ago I did it with my son to a girl who was with her family in the corner of the class room. They had just moved from California. Not only did my son meet the girl but we found out my daughter was in her sister’s class. We ended up becoming great family friends.
Photobucket

No comments: