Thursday, May 29, 2008

Useful tips

*Before I had my daughter I read somewhere a good tip that I used. Many people lay their baby in the crib for a nap and make the whole house quite down…not a good idea. Those are the babies that wake when the littlest thing makes a peep. I’m not saying go out and bang pots and pans, but you can still watch TV, talk or clean. I think my mom must have done that and that is why I cannot sleep through any noise!
A picture is worth a thousand words, so why not make your baby his/her own picture book with photos of familiar faces? Both of my kids spent countless hours looking through their own book. I didn’t mind they got a lot of wear and tear because I used copies for them. Each page was laminated and then put on a binder ring that easily (for an adult) opened & closed; it was fastened to their stroller, shopping cart seat and many other places. Speaking of – do not let your child stand on the back of a shopping cart. My nephew did this, he and the cart flipped over and for a few scary moments he was out cold.
Photobucket

No comments: