Sunday, February 1, 2009

Waiting for an Ordinary Day

Waiting for an Ordinary DayThe Unraveling of Life in Iraq by Fassihi Farnaz
Fassihi is The Wall Street Journal's Middle East correspondent who, in this book, goes to Iraq before the invasion and then after, getting to know the average citizens of this war torn country. This book is like a journal that describes life in Iraq that we do not know about. I had to read and re-read some parts of the book because the Middle Eastern names of people and places seemed to mesh and I didn’t quite understand (I’m blonde). Other parts of the book had me a little mad, especially because my brother is a solider in Iraq, where the citizens and even the author voiced certain negative opinions about the Americans. But in the end I realized, from what I read, that this country has a long way to go whether we are there or not and they are just waiting for an ordinary day.
I would recommend this to anyone who has a solider in Iraq and for someone wanting to learn more about life in Iraq
Photobucket

No comments: