Sunday, February 22, 2009

Quotes

“There never was a time when, in my opinion, some way could not be found to prevent the drawing of the sword” Gen. Ulysses S. Grant
“I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants” Sir Isaac Newton
“The doors of wisdom are never shut” Benjamin Franklin
“In this life we cannot always do great things, but we can do small thing with great love”
Mother Teresa
“All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles have strengthened me…you may not realize it when it happens, but at kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world the world for you” Walt Disney
“The time is always right to do the right thing” Martin Luther King, Jr.
“There is only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give everything. I do and I demand that my players do” Vince Lombardi
“Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony” Gandhi
“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently” Henry Ford
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are” and also “I care not what other think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do. That is character”
Theodore Roosevelt
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorry, but only saps today of it’s strength”
A.J. Cronin
Photobucket
“We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used to create them”
Albert Einstein
“The point is not to pay back kindness but to pass it on” Julia Alvarez
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone elses
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
“When one door of happiness closes, another one opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us” Helen Keller
“I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be” Groucho Marx

No comments: