Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Help Our Troops Call Home

Wow an idea to be green and help out our Soldiers? Recently my husband received an envelope with this website on it, being my brother is currently in Iraq serving in the Army I checked it out.
What a great idea this is. You can recycle your old cell phone and the proceeds are used to purchase prepaid calling cards for our troop.
Most of us don’t even know what to do with our old phones so go on this site and get a postage paid envelope to mail yours.
http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/
Photobucket

1 comment:

DizzyDazz said...

Cher,
I followed your link from our POC email for 1st Cav families.This page is a wonderful resource for comfort and knowledge.I have been searching for some like minded companionship while my son(1st Cav,Warrior) and his fiancee(1stCav Sarana) are deployed.I can't help but wonder if we are all closet researchers.
I hope you hear from your brother soon.My son found some wireless hotspots walking around the base.We are also getting the subsidy number for his phone from our provider to unlock his phone so he can use it in Iraq.Other soldiers may not know that a gsm or better phone can be unlocked for free by their provider.It's the law now.They can get a new sim card and phone mins there.
Great blog..Thanks for connecting us!
Dasghiai on the list