Thursday, January 1, 2009

Marley & Me movie review

We decided to start a new tradition of going to the movies on New Years day, little did we know when we made the plans my sister had to work. Come on…who goes to the gym on the 1st of January, at least recover from the eve before starting that resolution. Anyway we all knew we wanted to see Marley & Me, several of us read the book. Then I started thinking, “do I wanna see a sad movie right before my brother leaves again?” (He heads back to Texas on the 3rd to prepare for redeployment). But the plan was made so off we went. 13 of us from the family went. I was prepared for the inevitable of the story but seeing it on the big screen was hard. I thought the movie was really good, it left out some things that made you fall in love with Marley but the 2 hours had a whole dog life to cover. It is a great movie for a dog person but can be hard to watch if you have ever mourned the loss of one. It made me appreciate my own Marley more. http://www.johngroganbooks.com/index.cgi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the book and movie were great, the review, right on