Friday, January 23, 2009

Cold Day at the Games

Last month I found out that going to a tournament when the weather is cold you have much more to think about besides your camera and drinks. Fortunately I knew driving north for our state finals the weather was much cooler and I packed for it. I tend to purchase cheap gloves at Target in packs of 2; they cost under $2 and off season are much cheaper. Having many pairs came in hand because not only those watching but a few playing needed them. Self heating drinks also came in handy where one field’s concession stand consisted of “soda pop” in the can and gum. These drinks run about $2 and take just a few minutes to heat up, but they are cool so bring extras. A last minute buy from the camping section at Walmart turned into one of my best bring-a-longs "HotHandS-2" a self heating bean bag type of pad. As soon as it comes out of the pouch it is activated and lasts for hours. This was used in the dug out and was great for me to leave in my pocket. I used it when not taking photos and it helped because it was cold the entire day. I have seen them at sporting good stores and sold in larger quantities, they are not expensive at all and well worth it for a day at the field or anywhere else when it may be cold.
Photobucket
2/09 they have them for feet too, and they work, I used them while in NC

No comments: