Monday, September 8, 2008

Simple Changes

Anyone can make simple changes to make a difference. Don't litter & put it in the right place…even if it's not yours. Buy reusable bags to take grocery shopping – they hold so much more. In 2007 I went on a class trip to the landfill. I found it very interesting and learned so much. The hardest thing for them to control is plastic bags just blowing around, tons of them. They have fences up to try and catch them but they are everywhere. What a waste! Styrofoam never breaks down, remember that and think twice about using it. One month I decided to see how much I can cut back on my electric. I have to admit that my house has to be cool!!!! But I did dry many loads outside instead of using the dryer. I had the lowest bill ever in this house. It did take more of my energy to use less powered energy and I couldn't see myself always doing that but it made a huge difference. I don't want to sound "preachy" but at least recycle in your home. It is so easy and bins are free. You can recycle so much more than a few years ago. Set an example for others and GO GREEN in some way.

If you live in Melbourne Florida, my area, and would like to request bins: A set of three bins are provided to single family residents free of charge (If you do not live here try your local waste management for where to get your bins).
Just call the recycling hotline at (321) 953-6302.
Keep Brevard Beautiful, Inc. (321) 537-6801, to receive reports of littering by motorists. An alleged offender will receive a letter from the Brevard County Sheriff's Office with information about the problems associated with littering.

No comments: