Friday, September 12, 2008

Good Book

I just finished “The Heart of a Soldier” by Kate Blaise. The book is like a very detailed journal of high school love that led to marriage. But the heart of the story is that Kate and her husband Mike both served in the US Army, and eventually deployed to Iraq together (somewhat). I knew how the tale ended and dreaded getting to that part. As I read the words I knew it was coming up and I shut the book. The following day I was ready to continue and actually cried reading about Mike’s death. Why did I read it? I don’t know. I have really been into true stories and I have an interest in the military and this war. Some of the things I read about Iraq I have seen in my brothers photos, but the descriptions by Kate of the Middle East painted a picture that even he wasn’t able to recall. Maybe it was the female side of her that paid attention to detail, or perhaps her position in the military, either way I was glad I read it.
Photobucket

No comments: