Thursday, May 29, 2008

Reading

Family Fun Magazine – my goodness, I have FF magazines dating back to 1996 when I became a mom. Each is filled with creative ideas that I just couldn’t part with. FF covers crafts, food, games, and much more, kind of what I wanted to do with this site. Great magazine! National Geographic for Kids – great mix of articles on wildlife, science, sports, experiments and useful information. We have renewed our subscription and my daughter even had a drawing published in NGK in August 2007. Highlights – I remember looking thought them as a child at the doctor’s office, wishing I got them at home. I still even like the hidden pictures page. My kids have enjoyed Highlights and I think it’s a good buy.
Photobucket

Ranger Rick, Your Big Backyard
I believe these 2 magazines are put out by the same company. My kids have had both and always looked forward to seeing them in the mail box. I found these to be some of the better choice because they learned from them, and love animals. Lots of nature info, ideas and good articles. Although Ranger Rick is geared towards the older child, it says up to 12, but by the time my daughter was 10 she wasn’t as interested.

No comments: