Wednesday, May 28, 2008

John Pennekamp

John Pennekamp State Park – I have only been here two times for a day trip but I highly recommend it for the nature lover. The first time I stopped here my friend and I went snorkeling. I was new to the sport, really nervous and excited. From the time I put my head in the water marine life was in my view. I was startled a few times by large silver tarpon and even scared of a few toothy barracudas. JPSP is considered the US’s first underwater park. The area is very Florida-like with canopies of Palm trees providing shade to cool off on a hot day. The offer all the water activities that you would find at a state park for a fee. They have snorkeling off the beach, like I did, or sign up for a trip to explore the remnants of an early Spanish shipwreck which is close by. JPSP offers camping and is a great place for family.
Photobucket

No comments: