Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dave Pelzer's 1&2 book

A Child Called “It” by Dave Pelzer

I read a book by the author’s brother and realized there was much more to this story; I certainly heard the title before. The beginning of the book will hook you because it is the freeing end to a horrific childhood. Much of Dave’s account of his early years was hard to read, to comprehend that these things were done to a child was just unthinkable. I believe we have a long way since the days when Dave was a child, but still have much more to go. I plan on reading the next 2 books that he wrote.


“The Lost Boy” which is the 2nd book following the teen years of David Pelzer as he struggles to fit into being a foster child. If you read the first one you must continue the story, I could hardly put it down. I am now on the 3rd one, “A Man Name Dave”.

No comments: