Thursday, June 11, 2009

Birthday Party Idea for Sports Fans

As a mom who is always planning gatherings, parties and events, whether at work or at home. So of course I have spent years making sure my kids have fun birthday parties.
However, this year my plate was a little to full to take on another celebration. After tossing around some ideas for my son’s 10th birthday, my daughter suggested Space Coast Sports Academy, which is located in Melbourne and opened this past March.
We celebrated Kaden’s birthday in June with a group of his friends, mostly boys. My son was able to pick from a list of games to be played, which were a big hit with not just for the boys who attended but the girls as well.
Planning a party in June you always have the threat of bad weather in Florida. This particular day it was a downpour but indoors we had a full game of dodge ball, kick ball, an obstacle course and basketball. The staff filled in to even out the teams for better competition. One employee was assigned as our party assistant making sure food / cake / presents were done at the time I liked. She boxed up the left over cake, decorations and put together all the presents for us to take….even reminded us that we had goodie bags (we provided) to hand out.
The price is well worth it, leaving nothing out (pizza, cake, soda all included), but more importantly I was able to take pictures at my leisure, sit back and enjoy the party!
http://spacecoastsportsacademy.com/

1 comment:

Cher It All said...

This place is no longer open, however Melbourne has another place in the Suntree area that we had a party in 2010.
Paint ball is fun too!