Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Longest Road Home

The Longest Road Home by John Grogan
I was going to purchase this book with a gift card but after I saw it was $26 I decided to wait. Luckily, I didn’t have to wait long because it recently showed up in my library under “New”, which means you have 7 days to read it. That I did.
The hardback just mentions Marley (from Marley and Me) a few times; he is not the focus. This time the account centers on John Grogans relationship with his Irish Catholic (strict Catholic) parents. The story takes you back to where he grew up in Detroit with quite a few really funny memories, some you would have to be Catholic or have grown up in a Catholic house to understand.
In the end the author once again had me in tears. The Longest Road Home was a good quality book.

1 comment:

Ashley Chardavoyne said...

This sounds great and I can't wait to read it.