Saturday, February 21, 2009

Steve & Me

“Steve & Me” by Terri Irwin
I checked out several books to take on my NC trip, this was the last one I picked up because I thought “what will I read that I haven’t already heard?”
On our 11 hour trip home I couldn’t get into another book I had so I started to read this one. Now a few days later I am done. Terri Irwin told about the Steve she fell in love with, not the Crocodile Hunter we knew from TV, sharing stories of a side of him that was her protector, the Steve that grieved for his “mum” when she died in a car accident and of a man who didn’t think he would live many years. He lived life to the fullest and did things many of us wouldn’t even dream of. I remember the day he died, how sad many of us were. Hard to believe it will be 3 years this September. Not only were my kids fans of his, even owning Steve & Terri talking dolls, but I was a fan too because he made wildlife interesting and so far from the PBS way of teaching (nothing against PBS). I think it would be a good read for someone who is familiar with Steve Irwin because Terri refers to different situations you probably saw on TV.
Photobucket

No comments: