Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cooperfield

David Cooperfield – I have now seen his show locally at the King Center in the last 10 years. Several years ago when my daughter was around 6 we took her for her birthday because she enjoyed entertaining us with cheap tricks she learned. I was puzzled how he did the things he did, like make a motorcycle appear and a group of people disappear. My daughter loved it and was in awe. We recently went when our family of 4 received tickets for a Christmas gift. My son, who is 9 and into magic now my daughter no longer is now that she is 13, loved the show. From the first time David Cooperfield did a trick to the very end. The rest of us on the other hand were bored. Don’t get me wrong, if you have not seen this show you will be entertained, but if you have, be prepared you will see the same things. Nothing was new in this last show, and we hadn’t been to a show in a few years. The stories were the same, illusions were the same and even the rapping duck the interrupts the show was the same. I was highly disappointed, especially since the tickets cost over $200 for our family. I do not feel the need to go again, too bad because I would if he had new magic.
Photobucket

No comments: