Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Care Packages

As soon as Paul started his journey to the other side of the globe I started collecting items to be sent to him. I keep 2 flat rate boxes on hand so I can have one ready to go. Flat rate is the best because you can load it up and pay one price. Last tour I sent some boxes that cost me around $30, not this time, I’m smarter now. I have an area where the boxes wait, along with items I think he may need or want. When an address is given off it goes. The boxes take a little while to get to the Middle East so trickling in letters / postcards is probably appreciated between boxes. Chocolate in not a good idea and of course they have some “don’ts” like pork, so check with your soldiers unit for a list. I try to remember that whatever I send he may have to take to the next location or even leave it behind. I look at is this way, if he can’t use it, I’m sure someone can, and I let Paul know that. I know many soldiers get nothing so ask yours if he or she knows of someone in need of something or who could use something to cheer them up. By the way, who doesn’t love Girl Scout cookies?
Photobucket
Paul on his 1st tour with his Iraq fan club

No comments: