Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

Having a baby at Christmas time is just the icing on the cake. But when your baby is discovering new stuff you have to watch out during the holiday season since so many extra things are put out. My daughter’s 1st Christmas she was almost a year since she was born the January before. I decided to put my living room tree up on a table making it touch the ceiling, and then left all my breakable and meaningful ornaments off. It’s just one year and if I can do it so can you. Keep in mind that many things have little pieces and add some lights and you have an area screaming “come touch me” to a small child.
Don’t forget to get a baby’s 1st Christmas or some type of ornament for the new member of the family. I get my kids an ornament each year that kind of represent that year – one year my son was into “Arthur”, so I found him with snowflakes, of course that fad left but he still enjoys talking about it when the ornament is opened each year.

No comments: