Monday, November 3, 2008

Coordinating

Music – even if you are not responsible for the DJ, have everything cc to you so you are in the loop. Luckily the bride sent me the same emails that she sent the DJ and I printed each one out and kept them with me. About 3 minutes before he was to introduce them he told me he forgot the list with the names of everyone in the party including parents. I ran and got my copy for him to use, good thing because I didn’t know all but 4 of them. Having an agenda is helpful to the DJ as well; often I referred to it and told him what was coming up. I tried to have him play a song to give me time to let people know what was coming. The groom’s mother was appreciative for the heads up that her dance was 2 songs away. Just before everyone leaves glance around for any left behind items. I saw a suit jacket and shoes, so I had the DJ announce it. The jacket was returned to its owner but the shoes were not, another guest did take them though.
Rentals – the wedding I helped with rented a dance floor, tables and linens. Of course check everything on the list before the rep leaves. They provided 2 linen bags to collect the dirty linens. I personally checked them before putting them in the bags before I left so I had some piece of mind that everything was accounted for. Also find out ahead what the company’s policy is in returning things. Will they pick it up and if so can it be stored at the reception until then?

No comments: