Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mammograms

Mammogram A certain time in a female’s life she reaches an age where she is sent around the medical community like a lab rat to get all kinds of things done. After you turn 35 you should get a baseline mammogram, I was a year late. Last week when I left my doctors office I was given a script and a list of places to choose from. The receptionist made a recommendation and after checking it out on line I went with the place she said. I had a 9:30 appointment at Viera Diagnostics and was out within 20 minutes. Not only was the reception lobby nice the accommodations were above and beyond.
They offered a locker for your things, you take the key with you, and a rose when you are done. The staff was very professional and I felt at ease the entire time.
You cannot wear any sort of products before you go, powder, perfume or deodorant – Viera had some available to use when you were done, which is nice if you were heading to work after. Now I have heard some horror stories of being pressed like a Cuban sandwich and leaving with a painful reminder of where you’ve been but this wasn’t the case. I imagine the smaller you are up top the more painful it is and my radiologists agreed this was true. All in all it was just another appointment and I’m glad I got it done.
http://www.vieradiagnosticcenter.com/
Photobucket *October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

No comments: