Friday, September 5, 2008

Blue Man

Blue Man – Universal Studios
I have always wanted to go see this show and last Christmas season looked into purchasing the tickets as a gift for my family. Well that never happened because I had no idea how much they cost until then. So this year when my sister-in-law was given a discount we didn’t pass up the opportunity to see Blue Man. Our tickets ended up costing us $25 each which was a huge savings compared to the $70+ price. I honestly thought it wouldn’t be that crowded because it was a continuously running show but to my surprise it was about sold out when we arrived. We quickly realized that the “teacher discount” got you seats in the back corner but we were quickly assured they had no bad seats. Sure! We entered and purchased some drinks, on our way in everyone was given a strand of white crepe paper; something we assumed was for the show. When we found our seats we knew that the ticket agent was telling the truth, we were in the furthest seat in the corner and still it was good viewing. We quickly became creative with our crepe paper and my brother had us laughing with his TMNT eye mask he concoction. While waiting the audience is keep amused with humor, things are flashed across the screen, you take pledge after pledge not to take photos and whatever is going on…do not be late!!! You will feel silly walking in late.
The camera pledge, trust me, if you try to take a photo they will see you and security is on it quick. I was actually a little entertained at watching them go to the sneaky show goers.
The show it self was like nothing I had ever seen before. It was very entertaining. They had a few crazy ideas that had to be the result of smoking a little something. Although wacky it was funny, all the while the Blue Men do not talk. Audience participation is throughout and the grand finale was the best. They ended with streams of crepe paper, and I mean tons of it. The strobe light is going with some old school KLF blasting and you swear you are 15 years younger at an early 90’s rave. By the time the lights came on crepe paper covered every inch of the theater and the show was over. The Blue Man show was amazing, and I would recommend if you are looking for something different to do while in Orlando. However I do think it is to highly priced so if you come across a deal – go for it!
Photobucket

No comments: