Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Walt Disney World Water Parks

WDWWater Parks:
Blizzard Beach – a snow themed water park in sunny Florida! BB is home to the longest family raft ride (Teamboat Springs), for the thrill seekers they have Summit Plummet, the world’s tallest and fasted free fall slide. If climbing to the top of the mountain is not for you they offer a ride on the ski lift. Like typical Disney, the park is in the circular shape with a lazy river that goes by each ride. The smaller kids area, where I spent a lot of time with my 2, felt out of the way and I found myself wondering where everyone was. I prefer Typhoon Lagoon.

Photobucket
Typhoon Lagoon – My favorite water park ever. TL is laid back with it’s beachy vibe and sandy bottom. The wave pool is the best with huge waves that are even used for surfing after hours. They offer snorkeling in a salt water tank that is kept cold for the real sea life including lemon sharks, among other things. You do not need to know how to snorkel to do this, and you shouldn’t pass it up. The fish are so use to seeing us humans, so no one is getting bite or anything like that. I suggest you go before the crowd gets big because if you really like it just go again. The ride Crush “N” Gusher is a water ride that actually takes you both downhill and up by high powered water jets. When we went on my son rode with me and he did not like it, and I wasn’t that eager to try it again. The tube you are in does not have a bottom so yours hits the rollers that help get you going upward. TL also has a circular lazy river that passes by each ride. The park offers lots of shaded areas which I didn’t find at Blizzard Beach. Worth the money and geared towards all ages.

Photobucket
*Tip for Disney water parks – buy the drink mug, you pay one price and can refill it all day.

If you are getting it, buy early to make the most of your money.
You can bring food / drinks into both parks. Kids meals are decent for the price.
Be prepared for rain – it’s Florida. I take extra garbage bags and bag up my stuff if needed, until the rain stops. Also if it does rain, a lot of people leave, hang out and wait for it to blow over - you'll get great seats and the park is missing a lot of people...more room for you!

No comments: