Wednesday, May 28, 2008

NYC

NYC – being from Long Island I have to spotlight NYC! As a child we had many trips into the city and as an adult I am still fascinated by all it has to offer, from famous landmarks, museums, zoos, shows, stores, parks and much more. My last time there I went with my daughter who was 7 at the time, my brother and my husbands grandmother who couldn’t do a whole lot of walking. We squeezed in lots of sight seeing in a short amount of time. The city as a whole is easy to follow because the streets are like a grid running east – west and north – south. Study it before you go and map out what you want to see so you are not back tracking. Rate the places you want to go in order of importance, look into prices ahead of time. Some things might take longer than you thought. If you have the time a great place is the American Museum of Natural History. I remember going there as child and it targets all ages. I’m sure anyone that has been there can recall the 94 foot replica of the blue whale. Statue of Liberty – no trip to the city would be complete without seeing this great lady! She is a symbol of hope for visitors from all over the globe. The Circle Line is a cheap trip around the island of Manhattan with great views of many landmarks.
Photobucket

No comments: